· Submissions, (information and images), are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the posted deadline.
· 2-Dimensional and 3-Dimensional artworks are accepted.
· Maximum size for 2-D Artworks is 7ft in height X 5ft in width. No minimum size restriction.
· Artwork submitted must be original and created by the artist. It must not be a copy of another artist’s artwork. The artist must not use any copyright material within their artwork unless it has been altered in a significant way, or unless the artist has been given permission to use materials, such as photographic imagery.
· We accept limited edition prints such as giclee, inkjet and /or archival ink. We accept prints that are printed onto various substrates.
· Submission fee is $10 per artwork and is non-refundable. There is no additional hanging fee if piece is selected for the show. Payment of fee is to be made at same time as submission is made either by e-transfer (email@example.com), cheque (made out to Metchosin ArtPod and mailed to 4488 William Head Road, Victoria V9C 3Y6). Cash or cheques can also be dropped off at ArtPod during opening hours or by appointment.
· Maximum three works per artist
· All mediums welcome.
· When submitting include with each image:
a. Title of Work: eg: Early Bird
b. Artist Name: eg: Jane Sparrow c. Artist e-mail: eg: firstname.lastname@example.org
d. Medium: eg: acrylic on board
e. Number of the image: eg: 1 of 3 images
f. Dimensions: eg: 16”x16″
g. Weight: eg: 250g (If over 20lbs)
h. How piece fits with theme/ Artist blurb: I am often up early in the morning and watching the birds at the feeder as the sun comes up is my favorite part of the day.
· Artwork(s) accepted will be displayed at the expertise and discretion of the Adjudication committee. The ArtPod Jury Committee retains the right to refuse any work deemed unacceptable upon viewing in person. Sometimes submitted photographs are not clear and not representational despite everyone’s best intentions. Additionally, artwork has been refused in the past if the framing is unsatisfactory, if the canvas is moldy or still wet, or if hanging/display gear is not included. Lastly, a piece may be declined on hanging day if we determine we cannot display it in manner we deem safe to the piece and/or viewers.
· ArtPod does not have insurance for items in the show so all artwork is left at the owner’s risk although works on display are never left unattended when the Gallery is open and ArtPod will make every effort to protect work.
· Any work sold during the show will be subject to a 25% commission to ArtPod.
· Artwork is to remain up for the duration of the show and picked up, by artist or buyer, at 4 pm on the last day of the event, unless alternative arrangements have been agreed upon by ArtPod.
· Payment will be made to artists for any work sold within one week of the end of the show.