Friday,Saturday and Sunday,11am-4pm, until December 24th. Below are just a snippet of the wonderful small artworks available at affordable prices and you for immediate sale.
The Look of Love: Our Next Show
|Open Call for the” Look of Love Show” December 1st to January 12th
| The Look of Love: Art as a love language.In this show, artists are tasked with making love visible.
Love is everywhere. Sometimes it is grandiose, obvious, visible; other times, love is tiny, nearly invisible, implied, elusive, or unrequited. Sometimes it seems altogether lost. So what does it look like?
It is said that love starts with the self and only then can move outwards, so love reveals inner values and softness, hurts and connections. Love shares what is important.
Ask yourself: Is Art truly a “love language”? If so, then in what ways is this language expressed? How would you represent or portray love? If you were writing a letter about the things that move you the most, but did not have words, what would that look like?
Think beyond the obvious of pink hearts and red lace. Think of the skip of a heartbeat when hearing a favourite piece of music… the held breath at the sight of the curve of a loved one’s cheek… the whole-body tingle watching a vista unfold at daybreak. That feeling of connection and “zing!” In this show, we are interested in exploring all manifestations of love: for and between people, for places, for objects, for activities, for concepts monumental and microscopic… As our world dances along knife edges, share with us your zing! Let your art be your message of love to the world -It might be what saves us all. “Let the beauty of what you love be what you do”. -Rumi
Art Supplies Swap Meet
Information about the Materials Swap Meet:
- For a $30 rental fee, ArtPod will supply space for one 6’x3′ folding table and two chairs. Additional table space may be available as space permits. Please bring your folding table or let us know if you need to rent one (at a $5 rental fee per table). We have limited tables available. We will have chairs.
- Suggested items for sale include any equipment, materials or supplies used by artists, crafters and makers. This is NOT a craft fair for selling completed goods or other handmade merchandise. We will ask you to remove any crafted items for sale.
- Items for sale must be in clean, usable condition and contents clearly labeled.
- Vendors are responsible for their own set up, pricing and financial exchanges. Internet will be available for use of individual Point of Sale devices (e.g.: Square). Note: there is no bank machine in Metchosin.
- Set up for vendors starts at 8:00 AM, and doors open to the public at 9:00
- All unsold items and other belongings must be removed from the building by 5:00 on the day of the Swap Meet
Rural Sketching Wednesday, 2 pm to 4 pm
Rural Sketching – weekly practice sessions, Wednesdays 2pm – 4pm. Members will be notified of location Wednesday morning and we will meet at the site.
This is a get-together for anyone, from beginners to experienced sketchers, interested in weekly sketching sessions. Rain or shine. Weather permitting we will go to an outdoor location such as a park, forest, beach but if bad weather we will arrange an indoor location to sketch found objects or views from a window, or the inside environment. This is inspired by a recent Field Journaling workshop, given by botanist and artist Lyn Baldwin in Metchosin. See https://lbaldwin.sites.tru.ca/why-field-journals/
No instruction but tips can be shared, if desired. Suggested basic supplies needed: sketchbook, felt-tip permanent ink (not water-soluble) pen, pencil, eraser, seat pad. If adding watercolour the sketchbook pages should be heavy enough to allowing wetting.
For more information contact Diana @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Photos of a weekly model are sent out Sunday evening or Monday mornings to all portrait painters who have signed up. Create your own portrait in any medium and have fun! Please contact Diana to sign up, or for more details at, 250-888-9533 or email@example.com
ArtPod Show themes for 2024 with ‘working titles
|‘February-March “The Look of Love” Make love visible. Submissions accepted now until January 12th.See above for details.
April-May “Water”-All things water.
June-July “Self Portraits”-open interpretation.
August-September “Palimpsest/ Patina/ Layers”-What happens when the slate is no longer blank? The theme of ‘Palimpsest’ is an exploration of time and change.
October-November “Sleepless”-The things that keep you up at night.
November December “Winter Show”– TBD
ArtPod Member News
|This collage done by Phyllis Schwartz has been included in the Kolaj Magazine’s, Collage Artist Trading Cards, pack #9. Edward Peck has a photo published in the Land Issue of Photo Ed.