Small Artworks Show & Sale, Nov 17 thru Dec 24, 2023
Open call for submissions to ArtPod’s Sept 1st to Nov 3rd
- Up to three submissions
- Acceptance notifications November 7th
- We are looking for original artwork of any medium up to 12 inches in height and width (and depth for 3D pieces), including framing. Work should priced between $50 and $225.
- Cheryl McBride and Michele Murphy, through a blind jury process to select pieces.
- Accepted artists may display up to ten artworks anytime during the show. Any sold work may be replaced by new work, up to ten pieces, at any one time, at no charge.
- Once accepted, there is a $50 entrance fee to cover the costs of curating, hanging, etc.
- Any work sold is subject to a 25% commission.
- Sample work submitted for curating must represent the artwork to be displayed.
- One submission per genre or medium, artists are welcome to make more than one submission for work that differs significantly from their other submissions.
Further Details on Submitting
We hope you consider submitting art to our Small Artworks Show & Sale. We’ve had a few comments from people who are a little confused about the submission guidelines, so we would like to address these comments and hopefully make the process more straightforward.
- We have two guest curators who are looking at samples of work submitted rather than jurying individual artworks. They will be selecting work that generally has aesthetic appeal, is intriguing and engaging in content, and well made.
- artists can submit up to three bodies of work (e.g. 12 x 12 acrylic paintings, 8 x 8 oil paintings, ceramic sculpture.) Each body of work is considered one submission, and we would like to receive a minimum of three images of that body of work. If you are making three submissions (three different bodies of work), you would send in a minimum of nine images that illustrate the work.
- Artists are asked to pay $50 per submission to be in the show if selected. This entitles the artists to show up to ten works in that submission. For example, if samples of your 12 x 12 acrylic paintings are selected you can provide up to ten paintings to be hung. As they are sold and taken by the purchaser, the artist is invited to replace them with similar (same medium, size, etc.) work up to ten pieces.
- This process applies to each separate submission or body of work.
- Here are two scenarios:
- Artist A submits a minimum of three sample images of 12 x 12 acrylic paintings. If the work is selected by the curators, the artist can bring in up to 10 paintings for display and replace any that are sold. Artist A pays $50.
- Artist B makes two submissions – 12 x 12 acrylic paintings and ceramic masks. They send in a minimum of three images for each submission, in this case, six images. If selected, they are invited to display up to 10 artworks per submission, in this case 20 artworks and are invited to replace any that are sold. Artist B pays $100 if both bodies of work are submitted.
- The show runs from November 17th to December 24th, Fridays to Sundays, 11 am to 4 pm. This is equivalent to 18 days. Guest artists are not expected to staff the gallery, but, of course, if they want to be present along with an ArtPod staff member to promote their (and other’s) work, they would be welcome.
- There is a 25% commission on all work sold. Money from sales is paid to artists within one week of the show’s end.
- Artwork can be framed or unframed, but the finished dimensions, including any frame, must be no bigger than 12 x 12 inches (or 12 x 12 x 12 inches for 3D work.)
- All work must be ready for hanging and/or display with appropriate hardware. For example, 12 x 12 cradle panels would have eyelets and hanging wire attached to the back. All work, frames and matting must be in good condition and clean.
- ArtPod will provide all packaging and cover costs of transactions (e.g. Square charges) and advertising.
- Drop-off and pick-up arrangements will be sent to artists selected for the show.