- Submissions, (information and images), are to be emailed to email@example.com on or before the posted deadline.
- 2-Dimensional and 3-Dimensional artworks are accepted.
- Maximum size for 2-D Artworks is 7ft in height X 5ft in width. No minimum size restriction.
- Artwork submitted must be original and created by you, the artist. It must not be a copy of another artist’s artwork. You must not use any copyrighted material within your artwork unless it has been altered in a significant way (i.e. your art should not use a portion of another artist’s artwork as a creative foundation nor be recognizably based on another artist’s work.)
- Using your own photographs as reference material is acceptable, but you cannot make substantive use of photos taken by professional photographers (not even with their permission), nor can you make use of stock imagery except as reference material, where its use is incidental to your artwork. Reference photos must either be taken by you personally or taken by an amateur photographer who has provided express consent to their use.
- We accept limited edition photographs and prints such as giclee, inkjet and/or archival ink and on canvas. Editions should be no more than 25. Prints and photographs can be printed onto various substrates. Photographs should be taken by the artist and not contain images of other’s art (e.g. a totem pole by a First Nations artist).
- The submission fee is $10 per artwork and is non-refundable. There is an additional hanging fee of $10 for each piece selected for the show. The submission fee is to be made at the same time as submission is made either by e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org, or cheque (made out to Metchosin ArtPod and mailed to 4488 William Head Road, Victoria V9C 3Y6). Cash or cheques can also be dropped off at ArtPod during opening hours (Friday to Sunday 11am- 4pm) or by appointment.
- Maximum three works per artist
- All mediums welcome.
- Submission image dimensions should be at least 1024 X 768 pixels and not exceeding 1500 pixels in height or width.
- Submit your image(s) in a single email with the following information for each work: title of work, artist name, artist e-mail, medium and substrate, price, image filename(s), (multiple images are accepted if they help clarify the work), dimensions, weight (if over 20lbs), how piece fits with theme (i.e. artist’s statement).
- Artwork(s) will be accepted at the discretion of the juror(s). Artists will be notified of acceptance or not, usually within one week of the deadline. Metchosin ArtPod retains the right to refuse any work deemed unacceptable upon viewing in person. Sometimes submitted photographs are not clear and not representational despite everyone’s best intentions. Artwork must be dry and matting and frame must be in good condition (if used). Glass, if used, should be clean. All artwork must be ready to hang or display. Use wire rather than sawtooth picture hangers. A piece may be declined if we determine we cannot display it in manner we deem safe to the piece and/or viewers.
- ArtPod does not have insurance for items in the show so all artwork is left at the owner’s risk although works on display are never left unattended when the Gallery is open and ArtPod will make every effort to protect work.
- All submitted artwork must be for sale. Any work sold during the show will be subject to a 25% commission to ArtPod.
- Artwork is to remain up for the duration of the show and picked up, by artist or buyer, at 4 pm on the last day of the event, unless alternative arrangements have been agreed upon by ArtPod.
- Payment will be made to artists for any work sold within one week of the end of the show, by e-transfer to the artist’s email, unless alternative arrangements are made ahead of time.
Revised July 4, 2022